Wednesday, March 5, 2008

It helps to know the right people...

And Pete is "the right people." Pete is our landlord, a retired NYPD Detective, and a really nice guy. This past Saturday, Pete spent most of the day showing me around the area. I drove. He navigated. Together, we hit all the important stores; Costco, Sam's Club, WalMart, and every guy's favorite - Home Depot. We ended up at a huge mall called Plaza de las Americas. The only mall I've ever seen that was bigger was Mall of America in Minnesota.

In addition, Pete took the time to introduce me to friends in the neighborhood and even took me out for breakfast on Sunday morning before we headed off to the airport.

I couldn't have asked for a better introduction to the island or for a nicer landlord.

Here's Pete at curb after I dropped him off at the airport.

No comments: